Over the past year at Mommi we have worked hard to address questions/concerns/topics from women regarding all stages of motherhood. One of them that is most often addressed is that of fertility. With so many of you wanting tips of what to do to prepare your body for conception, we went straight to our Chief Medical Officer, Yvonne Bohn, OB/GYN.
Original question from Twitter – For the OB – Is there anything we can do while on fertility and injectables to make it more successful? Tips? TY!
Answer from Dr. Yvonne Bohn, OB/GYN & Chief Medical Officer, Mommi – Infertility is very complicated and why one couple needs to have IVF and another doesn’t may be for totally different reasons. Examples include:
- Male factory where the male either has low count, abnormal sperm shapes or they don’t move well
- A woman’s age effects how many eggs she makes
- If the woman has tubal disease where the pregnancy needs to be placed directly into the uterus
To say there is a tip to make IVF more successful is tricky but the key to helping with fertility can still be narrowed down to a few points:
- Relax and decrease the stress around the process of trying to conceive – For some reason the “wanting to have a child reduces fertility” so if we can reduce the anxiety around the process it may help to reduce stress hormones and help facilitate pregnancy.
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol and other harmful substances such as tobacco and/or drugs
If you have questions for our Dr. Yvonne Bohn, Chief Medical Officer or Melanie Marshal, Mommi’s Director of Nutrition send them in via our social channels (Twitter, Facebook) or by e-mailing [email protected].