About Children Under the Age of 13
The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via the Sites from visitors children under the age of 13. We do, however, collect information about children and babies from their parents. We ask that our users not provide information about a baby or child without first getting the parents’ consent. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to Web sites.
Types of Data Collected and Collection Methods
You actively send information to us when you sign up with us a member on a Site, participate in surveys or promotions, post opinions on our bulletin boards, respond to us or otherwise contact us. Depending on your choices, you may send us personally identifiable information such as your email address, name, mailing address, phone number, birthday, and gender; password; baby due date/birthday, name and gender. But, you can also use certain features of our Sites without telling us your name and if you do not tell us who you are, we do not try to find out.
We also track information about how you use our Site through cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). For example, your Internet browser automatically transmits to us information such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer is currently using.
Purposes of Data Collection
We collect information about you because we want to determine what you may like or find interesting and provide you with targeted information and advertising (in newsletters, via email and otherwise). We also use data to create statistics and reports where personally identifiable information has been removed and aggregated for a variety of business purposes; aggregated data is anonymous in regards any individual user.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We keep your personally identifiable information confidential and we generally do not disclose it other than as noted below:
- Our employees and independent contractors have access to some of your personally identifiable information for the purpose of helping us run our business (and not for their own purposes). They access and use such data subject to our instructions, on a “need to know” basis and under confidentiality and security obligations.
- We may also share your personally identifiable information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders or other legal process or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or respond to illegal activities, fraud, or as otherwise required by any applicable law or regulation.
- Before we disclose your personally identifiable data to a third party for their own business purposes (such as a survey or a sweepstake), we will first obtain your consent, for example via email, click-through, an online opportunity to opt-out or otherwise.
- We may share personally identifiable information with affiliated companies.
- We freely use and disclose aggregated data in anonymous form.
Please note that any information you post on our Sites that are generally accessible to users will be available to the public.
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. But, you should note that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure.
Comments and Questions
You may modify your communication preferences and/or opt-out from specific communications at any time. Please specify and adjust your preferences.